- Three quarters of fishing grounds are exhausted, depleted or in dangerous decline.
- The average temperature of the last 15 years has been the highest ever recorded.
- The ice cap is 40% thinner than 40 years ago.
- There may be at least 100 million climate refugees by 2050.
- 4 children out of 5 attend school.
- Quatar has opened it’s doors into the largest universities.
- In Bangladesh there is a bank that lends only to the poor. It has changed the lives of 30 million people.
- In South Korea the forests have been devastated by war. Because of great effort 65% of it’s mass is covered in forest and more than 75% of paper is being recycled.
- Costa Rica has no army – it’s resources are devoted to education, ecotourism and protecting it’s environment.
- 80% of the energy we consume comes from fossil energy sources. Every week 2 new coal firing plants are built.
- 20% of Denmark’s energy is from wind farms off the coast.
- In one hour the sun gives the earth the amount of energy consumed by humankind in one year.
- Renewable energy source
- Geo-thermal power
- Solar power
- Solar panels
- Solar farms
- Taking care when we fish, when we farm animals.